Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Waiting for Blasto
I know I've been shitty about posting, but anticipating the arrival of our son is psychologically all-consuming. Jen went to the doctor today, and she's not dilated yet, but she is "thinning" and they had her make an appointment for another office visit next Thursday, but also told her they didn't believe she'd have to use it. When I'm at work and the phone rings and the caller ID shows me that Jen is calling, I get all excited and think "It's time!" When I'm at home and Jen makes any kind of noise or movement, I immediately ask "Are you in labor?!" It could all get underway at any moment. The thought makes me immensely happy, but also causes me to have mini anxiety attacks. Jen, as you may imagine, is also excited but considerably nervous about the delivery. That's all I've got for now. I'll make a post very soon after Blasto makes his grand entrance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oooooh, i can't wait! i keep checking both your blogs like 20 times a day!
i'm sending you guys all kinds of good juju! you're in my thoughts and prayers for a simple, easy, painless delivery and a quiet healthy recovery for mom and blasto.
love you all!!!
Good luck and my best wishes for a smooth delivery--whenever it happens. I am sure you will be a most excellent father.
Give Jen my best and I am eagerly awaiting your next post.
you do know that you guys will be great right?
by the way...I've been checking your blogs every day to see if blasto has arrived. i'm excited too :)
good luck you guys! :)
Denise, Adam, and Koko,
Thanks for your well wishes! It's incredibly heartwarming just how many people are excited about Blasto. Despite the fact that Jen and I are both nervous about becoming parents, we are also both looking forward to meeting the challenge and raising an awesome kid. I will make it a priority to get something up on my blog at the earliest possible convenience, and since I'll have to go home to take care of the pets, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to post withing 12 - 24 hours of his arrival. Again, thanks for your support and kindness!
will you please give jen a hug and kiss from me...perhaps a flower (you can even draw it on a postit note)? tell her I'm thinking of you guys and i'm sending all things positive your way.
hang in there!!!!!!!! xoxoxo
You're in our thoughts! Can't wait to see pics of the little so and so...
Post a Comment